The following is the step by step procedures to be followed during an Emergency Drill
(Earthquake, Fire, etc....).
- Three long bells will sound during third period.
- Students will drop, cover and hold.
- One long bell will sound signifying the end of the drop, cover and hold drill.
- Students will accompany their teacher to the predesignated place on the football field and will remain with their teacher at that place on the football field until released at the end of the drill.
- Teachers will take attendance and send, with a reliable student, the appropriate form (Emergency attendance Form) to the administrator at the fifty yard line.
- Teachers are reminded of the importance of keeping their students with them. Were this an actual emergency, students would be summoned to the reunion gate based upon the room they were assigned to during the period we were in when the emergency occurred.
Note to Parents:
The Request Gate is located on the Desoto side of the school at the Visitor's Ticket Booth. Please have valid identification ready when you arrive at the gate. Once your student has been located you will meet with your student at the Reunion Gate. The Reunion Gate is one hundred yards north of the Request Gate. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.