The 8th to 9th grade transition is overwhelming in different ways to students. Linked Learning Support Services includes academic, social-emotional counseling, tutoring, parent engagement, mentoring, career assessment and exploration, and bridge programs to postsecondary education. These services are fundamental to the pathway experience and critical for ensuring students succeed in their challenging academic and technical coursework. Students are supported in setting and achieving goals and mapping a successful path to college and career success. More importantly, these services support the development of productive dispositions and behaviors that students will need to succeed in postsecondary education, careers, and civic life
To support this transition CCHS GSTEAM Magnet Center supports students and families with our Link Learning Summer Bridge Program.
July 25 - August 5
- Arrive July 25 at 8:30 am for Introductions and kick off.
- Summer Bridge is from 9 am - 1 pm Monday - Friday
- Arrive at the Magnet Center off vintage Street
- 9 - 9:45 Advisory/Opening
- 9:45 - 10 Break (breakfast snack provided)
- 10 - 12 Engagement Activities
- 12 - 12:30 Lunch (provided)
- Achievement Ceremony August 5 at 12:30 pm
Students are involved in educational supports to make the transition to High school most effective.
Student mentors and Teachers will reach out to you shortly to begin the relationships that will foster positive engagement.