Did you apply for Chatsworth CHS through Unified Enrollment?
On March 15th, Unified Enrollment will send an email notification to all parents that applied on-time. The official Unified Enrollment Selection/Wait List letter is available in your http://apply.lausd.net account. Parents will have until April 8th to accept or decline a Choices program if they were selected.
Please LOG IN to your parent portal account and respond to your application status.
All students that reside in the State of California are eligible to apply to attend an Affiliated Charter School. However, the school must first serve students that reside within the Affiliated Charter School’s former attendance boundary. Parents who live in the Affiliated Charter School’s resident attendance boundary do not need to apply and directly contact the school for enrollment. Parents who live outside of the Affiliated Charter School’s attendance boundary apply through the Unified Enrollment application. The school, in coordination with the District, determines if additional space is available. If there is more interest in enrollment from non-resident families than there is space available, the school must hold a random public lottery for the remaining spaces. In the lottery, the remaining spaces are offered to students that live within L.A. Unified’s attendance boundary before other students. It is not necessary to use the District’s permit process to apply or be selected for admission to an Affiliated Charter School.
If Chatsworth Charter High School is not your home school, visit https://echoices.lausd.net/
to apply for open enrollment.
On-Time Open Enrollment is available from October 1st till November 17th
Step 1: Click on Apply Now
Step 2: Log in with your Parent Portal username and password. If you do not have one, you can register for one.
- Multiple-birth applicants (e.g. twins, triplets) must reside at the same address and apply to the same program (first choice only) in the same year in order to be placed consecutively* in the Choices selection process. *Not applicable to Affiliated Charter School applicants.
- Siblings of students who have left the school, have culminated, or will culminate this school year, do not have sibling priority. Siblings must reside at the same address at the time of application. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to verify that the siblings have the same address on file at the current L.A. Unified school of attendance by the application deadline.
- To receive sibling priority, parent/guardian must indicate each sibling on the Choices application and list all siblings in their Apply account. Sibling priority will be given to applicants whose siblings are currently enrolled at the same school/program to which they are applying.
- Parents will receive a notification of selection in mid-March. If selected, parent/guardian must accept or decline by the deadline on the Selection/Waiting List Letter. If the parent/guardian’s response is not received by the deadline, it is considered a decline. All declines are final.
- If the student does not get selected, he or she will be placed on a waiting list for his or her first choice ONLY within each applicable program. Your child’s name will remain on a waiting list regardless of whether you accept or decline another program. Affiliated Charter School applicants who are not selected will be placed on the waiting list for each Affiliated Charter School to which they applied.
- Students on a waiting list will be contacted directly by a representative from the school(s) if a seat becomes available.
- 3/13/23 - On-time Choices Selection/Waitlist Notification sent to families.
- 4/7/23 - On-Time Choices Accept/Decline Deadline for families.