CHATSWORTH HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE POLICY
Chatsworth High School subscribes to the philosophy that students will be provided with a quality education in a safe, wholesome environment. We believe that while school interaction is an important part of campus life, school is a place where the “business” of learning is of the utmost value.
We believe that the presence of certain types of clothing and attire can interfere with these objectives. Therefore, the standards stated below shall be adhered to at Chatsworth High School by all students.
1. Gang-Related clothing and /or paraphernalia may not be worn, including/but not limited to:
- Bandannas, hair nets and knit caps
- Excessively baggy pants that hang and show underwear
- Long “cut-off” type shorts with socks pulled high
- Wallet chains, spiked belt chains and/or collars, handcuffs and safety pins worn as accessories
- Any jewelry or adornment depicting gang symbols
- Attire memorializing personals friends, i.e. “R.I.P.” or “In Memory Of...”
- No athletic sweat “head” bands other than those promoted by CHS OR CHS sports teams during school activities
2. Clothing or adornments that are sexually revealing, suggestive, obscene, culturally insensitive, or which promote drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or violence may not be worn, including/ but not limited to:
- Shirts that expose any stomach/midriff from the bottom of the top garment & the top of the bottom garment
- Excessively short shorts
- See- thru garments that allow undergarments to be viewed
- No sleeveless shirts (undershirts, tank tops, undershirts, basketball jerseys with
- no shirt underneath)
- No tube tops, halter tops or tank tops
- No spaghetti straps
- No strapless or one strap garments
- No low cut revealing necklines that would be deemed inappropriate in a business environment
- No pants worn below the hips-hip bone
- Any article of clothing or alteration of such which depicts words, symbols or images that incite any culture, gender, religion or ethnicity.
3. Only those hats that are sold or otherwise furnished by the school or a school approved organization may be worn on campus. All other hats are prohibited. Hats must be worn facing forward and must be removed upon entering a classroom or office.