In partner with
Why Student Voice Matters! When students have a voice, they have more meaningful learning experiences. For over 30 years, Dr. Russell Quaglia and his team at the Quaglia Institute for School Voice and Aspirations have been collecting data about student voice. Data from half a million students who took the Quaglia Student Voice Survey shows that…
Student Voice Townhall
Grade level Proctors
Wednesday Dec 1, 2021 school Wide Zoom held were Students asked Administrators questions pertaining to them.
Questions asked included:
- Why are the halls closed during lunch?
- Can we add more periods to the schedule to take more quality courses?
- Why do you give detentions for being late in the morning?
- Is it possible to move the daily pass check into the student parking lot?
- Can we have Algebra 2 A/B for Saturday school or Winter Break?
- When will other sports besides football get more support?
- Why aren't we allowed to have Senior quotes this year?
- Why are the bathrooms always closed?
- Why is the dress code so unfair towards females?
- Why can’t we wear LA Dodger hats?
- Can we have nutrition or a longer lunch?
- Why can’t Seniors have early leave?
- Why don’t we have meetings translated into Spanish?
- Can we enter through other gates besides the side ones?
- Why is there no GSA or safe space for LGBTQ+ students?
- Why aren’t students allowed to bring outside food or drinks on campus?
- Can the school offer more sports?
- Can we go back to the old schedule 7:45 - 2:30?