This competency-based course provides students with hands-on training on the basic duties of a physical therapist, certified athletic trainer, personal trainer, physical therapy aide, fitness instructor, message therapist, and other fields related to health care. Technical instruction includes an orientation, safety and infection control, communication and interpersonal skills, mathematics proficiency, and employability skills. Emphasis is placed on ethical and legal issues in sports therapy; observation, reporting, and charting; medical terminology; nutrition and metabolism; first aid and CPR; physical therapy procedures; physical therapy modalities; sports and therapeutic equipment; pharmacology; patient care skills; and clinical protocol. The competencies in this course are aligned with the California High School Academic Content Standards and the California Career Technical Education Model Curriculum Standards.
No upcoming assignments.
Agenda: 8/15/17 (First Day)
1.Find a seat (eventually we will have assigned seating)
2. Silent read syllabus while I take roll and sign cards
3. Discuss syllabus / parent letter
4. Discussion (Schoology): If you don’t have schoology write on a sheet of paper: (upload at home)
- Why did you choose the medical academy?
- List 5 things you want to learn in this class
- Do you want a career in the medical field and if so, what?
* can’t just write I agree
1. Obtain class material
2. Have parent / guardian review syllabus and sign consent form
3. Schoology: Finish response